Saturday 12 November 2011

Handbrake gaiter, tunnel trim & boot panel

The Corsa hand brake gaiter and trim surround arrived in the post yesterday so I was able to get these installed today. The leather gaiter took a little trimming so that it didn't get jammed in the handbrake mechanism when taking the handbrake off. I also tried to clip it under the surround but due to the thickness of the leather, the surround wouldn't sit flat so I opted to bolt it through from the underside of the tunnel panel.



Top view with surround attached

Tunnel top attached to car and hockey trim installed. I used some carbon look vinyl wrap to cover the hockey trim, pleased with the result. Now that all the wiring is done, this panel can remain attached.


I then set to work on the boot panel which is now nearly finished. This has also been covered with vinyl wrap. To finish off I need to fix in some rivnuts to some some webs which have been glued to the underside of the two outer panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment