Monday 1 March 2010

Rad Fan

It was raining most of the weekend so I couldn't remove the engine in order to finish off the fuel and brake lines. However, I did get round to mounting the fan onto the radiator.



I've also been giving some thought to how I'm going to get round the oil filter / steering issue. The solution I prefer most involves cutting the link and rejoining it with another universal joint. The UJ will need to be supported with a bracket, in such a position that the link passes above the filter and this bracket will need to be welded to the chassis. I therefore spent some time on the sunday reading up on mig welders, I don't know anyone I can borrow one from so I'm now looking to buy. I've convinced myself its a worthy purchase as I'll need to make brackets for the alternator at some point and no doubt other items as required in the future. I've been looking at the Clarke range as they appear to get good reviews and just about suits my budget. A Machine Mart vat free day invite would be very welcome right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment