Monday 15 November 2010

more work in interior and start of loom

I'm stopping further work on the bodywork in case it gets scratched during other parts of the build. Instead, I'm concentrating on connecting up the wiring loom. It took quite a while to label up the Premier loom to identify the different coloured wires but it has helped figure out what goes where. The relay bases and the two fuse boxes have been bolted to the underside of the dash area to allow easier access when needed.


The rear light sub-loom needs to pass through the top transmission tunnel panel. This panel hasn't been fixed down as yet but I have already cut the holes needed for the gear lever and handbrake lever. The transmission tunnel side panels were fitted over the weekend using some countersunk rivets and the lengths of aluminium hockey trim have been bent by hand with a little heat to match the angle in the trans tunnel. I used some P-trim along the join between the back panel and the side panel to neaten up the appearance of the join.
I want to finish these three panels off so I can see where the hole needs to go for the rear light sub-loom





No comments:

Post a Comment