Sunday 21 November 2010

A couple more jobs

Silicon hoses for the cooling system have been ordered from Auto Performance. Once again, I've commissioned mate James to make and weld up a T-piece pipe to fit in the bottom cooling circuit. I'm using up holiday and have the week off work so I'm planning to get the most of the cooling pipe work finished within the next few days.

Engine fitted with a new thermostat today.


The wire for the speed sensor pickup has been lengthened today. The speed sensor came with the Koso digital instrument and I found the connector plug would end up half way along the transmission tunnel as the sensor's pickup point is on the driveshaft. Now, the connector plug will end up behind the dash making it easier to connect up later on.

I've been looking at the wiring loom again today and have figured out where to route most of it. The rear loom, front loom and engine spur seem relatively easy to route, amongst other wires, I'm still left with the wiring that connects to the steering column for the stalks and ignition barrel. I'm mainly concerned about keeping it looking neat so I can identify the various coloured wires at a later date. I bought a mini label printer a few weeks ago which has made wire identification easier and a lot neater than hand written labels on bits of masking tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment