Tuesday 16 November 2010

gearbox panels

I've finished the remaining aluminium trim piece for the passenger side gearbox panel. Both trim pieces are fixed down with a few M4 stainless domed screws. I now need to make a hole in the top panel for the various looms to pass through and also to make a surround for the gear lever gaiter. The gear lever itself will need to be bent back and possibly shortened to clear the dash but I'll sort this later on once I've got the dash mounted.

I'm not 100% happy with the job I did on aluminium trim pieces where they meet the rear panel and I'm not sure whether the small gaps will be an issue at IVA stage. I'll try and find some flexible trim of some sort that will tidy the join.


Next job will be figuring out the best way to route and mount the loom and then to start connecting it all up!


No comments:

Post a Comment