Sunday 9 October 2011

Wiring nearly finished

The front indicators have now been wired up. I decided to use some connector plugs so then if I need to remove the nose cone at a later date, it won't mean needing to cut through the wires.


The wires under the dash have been tidied up using some cable ties. I also moved one of the fuse boxes so that the wires coming out of the back aren't being squashed over. The wires the other side of the aluminium panel have been secured down and held together using more cable ties and loom tape. I had a general tidy up in the engine and found the battery lead's protection had been overlooked so these are now covered by split conduit.


This just leaves the headlights to wire in. I need to figure out the best way to protect the threads underneath so that they don't fall foul of the radius test at IVA. All I've done so far is offer up some track rod covers which look like they'll do the job quite nicely. I'll try and get the headlight alignment done as best as possible beforehand. I need to read up on these lamps in general as I saw somewhere needing to rotate the glass by a few degrees to get the dip beam pattern correct.




No comments:

Post a Comment