Monday 26 September 2011

Dashboard started

I made a cardboard copy of the MK dashboard so that I could mark out the section to cut away to slot the dash over the steering column cowling. After a couple of modifications to the cardboard, the shape was then transferred to the dash and the cut made.



Once the dash board was in position, I could figure out how far back to bend the gear lever so it doesn't hit the dash when in 1st, 3rd, 5th or reverse gear. I made a cut at the base of the lever then bent it back and after checking it didn't hit the dash, welded it in the bend. I've since made another bend slightly further up so that the gear knob is in a more comfortable position when in 2nd and 4th.

The next job is to drill the holes so that the dash can be bolted to the scuttle. I'm planning to insert rivnuts into the scuttle to accept the dashboard bolts.

No comments:

Post a Comment