Thursday 5 April 2012

IVA Passed!

IAC secured! A few of the areas I was worried about turned out to be not an issue, things like fuel & filler hose markings, cycle wing bracket radii, tidiness of wiring under dash, radius of seat edges, self centering etc..

On the drive over, the speedo reading seemed to be in the right ball park but was fluctuating quite a bit so I knocked off three of the four pickup magnets on the drive shaft and changed the koso settings to suit. During the test the speed readings were then just over the minimum limit for the speeds tested on the rollers so passed overall.

One of the headlamps needed to be rotated slightly, a 10 second job , so this was passed.

The emissions failed to begin with after a CAT test but after I pointed out the engine age is 1994, the emissions were retested using the Non-CAT test levels and passed which was a massive relief for me!

The whole process took about three and a half hours, I felt very nervous to begin with but the examiner was excellent and soon made me feel as ease.

I've since been to Norwich DVLA who say they need an MOT certificate which conflicts with everything I've read about the registration process. Frustratingly, I was at an MOT center last week but deliberately didn't put the car through a full MOT to AVOID complications with the DVLA. On the plus side it gives me another opportunity to drive the car legally as this MOT is a required test. At least the ball is now rolling and I'll just have to be patient for my registration plates.

I enjoyed the drive to and from the IVA test and I'm still grinning....

Few photos from the day. For some reason my camera phone makes the blue on the car really stand out.





Funnily enough, a lot of the IVA trim has somehow fallen off and my steering wheel now says OMP, I'm sure it used to say Ford.....

No comments:

Post a Comment