Saturday 7 April 2012

A few post-IVA modifications

Indicator extensions removed, should make them less likely to get snapped off (nearly snapped them myself on quite a few ocassions)

New steering wheel on

Wind deflector attached to scuttle. I was thinking I may need some sort of supports along the sides but it feels quite rigid just with seven M6 bolts holding it on along the lip in the scuttle.

I also noticed a vibration noise on the way home from the IVA test and I was worried this was coming from somewhere in the drive train. I think I've located the source of the vibration which has turned out to be the nearside side panel touching slightly against one of the front wishbone bolts. This seems to reverberate through the chassis making it sound like its coming from everywhere. For the moment I've sandwiched some foam in between and will see if this has cured it on the drive to MOT. If this does solve the vibration, I'll use the dremel on the side panel just to give a bit more clearance instead of using foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment