Thursday 29 March 2012

Garage checks

I arranged for the Indy to be taken to a local MOT center this afternoon using Classic Collections (great service!) so that emissions, headlamp alignment and brakes could be tested.

All in all a good result, the brakes were fine even though I had some reservations since the discs, pads and shoes are all new and haven't been given a chance to be bedded in. I'd taken the boot panel off before getting the car onto the transporter so that the handbrake could be adjusted if needed but, in the end I didn't need to adjust anything.



The headlamps needed a little adjusting but ok now.

The main area I'm really relieved about is the emissions. The limits for my car based on a 1994 engine age are CO <= 3.5% and HC <= 1200. With the engine nice and warm, my results were 1.6% CO and approx 950 for HC.


No comments:

Post a Comment