Thursday 15 March 2012

Couple more jobs

I should have done this ages ago which is to check the radius of the side panel's bottom edge. This is greater than 2.5mm so I don't need to worry about adding any hockey trim along the edge to comply with the IVA radius requirement. Whilst under the car I noticed the two lowest bell housing nylocs had next to no thread protruding through so I changed the bolts for some longer ones and added some thread lock for good measure. I'm not sure why I would have used short bolts in the first place but I'm glad I noticed before I got to the IVA test.
Whilst under the car I also noticed another puddle of coolant. I checked the usual culprits which are the silicone hose connections and found these to be dry. The leak turned out to be coming from the koso water temp sensor I'd fitted to the bottom of the thermostat housing. Getting the spanner on, the sensor felt quite loose so this has now been tightened up. I'll be keeping an eye on this over the weekend for more leaks.

I've finished a bracket for the new fuel reg and this has just been given a coat of POR15 so should be dry tomorrow evening ready for mounting on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment