Thursday 27 May 2010

oil leak

I was talking about the engine leak at work today and figured out it shouldn't be leaking from the sump seal or the crank oil seal as the oil level shouldn't reach that high. In my usual eagerness, I'd filled the engine with 4.5 litres of oil as indicated in the Haynes Mondeo manual. However, since I'm using a shortened CVH sump, the actual oil volume will be less than this and I'll need to use the level mark on the dipstick as a guide. Looking on LCB again, the volume should be somewhere around three litres.

Looking at this from another angle, I now know there is a leak somewhere and I'd rather deal with it this stage than further on in the build when there more to remove to get the engine out!

I also spoke to Phil at Extra EFI today about purchasing a Megasquirt system.

No comments:

Post a Comment