Wednesday 26 May 2010

crank position sensor continued...

The crank position sensor bracket I made fouled the alternator belt so I've started to modify this to move the bracket's position. I'd previously fixed the trigger wheel onto the pulley so this will need to be moved round so that its 90 degrees before the new position of the modified bracket. I took advantage of the machine mart's vat free day at the weekend and invested in a small drill press as it makes the job easier as I'm less likely to snap drill bits if I was using the pistol drill instead.

I've ordered an exhaust system from MK and I'm hoping this will be delivered before the bank holiday so I can spend the time getting this fixed on and cutting the hole in the side panel. Photo of the car as it looks now, side panels just clamped on temporarily.


I've filled the engine with oil and they appears to be a leak where the engine and gearbox meet. This could either be from the back of the sump or from the crank shaft oil seal. Either way it'll mean I have to drain the oil, take the engine out and remove the gearbox.



No comments:

Post a Comment