Saturday 2 July 2011

Engine started

I'd made a bracket for the fuel regulator yesterday and connected up the remaining fuel lines.

The battery was re-connected and a few liters of fuel put in the tank but when clicking the ignition on to prime the fuel pump no fuel came through. It turns out I'd connected the fuel pump wires round the wrong way so this was quickly corrected.


Then this happened:



The car had to be moved out of the garage shortly after as it was thick with fumes!
Some tweaks to the MS settings and some balancing of the throttle bodies and its starting to run a bit better:



After moving the car back into the garage there was a pool left on the driveway, luckily this turned out to be water and I think I've found the source of the leak which is coming from a joint which runs along the top chassis rail. I've tightened the clip a little and will check again in the morning for leaks.

credits to Extra EFI for setting up the Megasquirt

No comments:

Post a Comment