Friday 22 April 2011

Hockey Trim

Spent nearly all day in the garage and ended up without much to show for it!

The aluminium hockey trim/J section has been formed round the rear wheel arch and along the cockpit area. What seemed fairly quick and straight forward to begin with soon got slightly more complicated after realising the aluminium had twisted as the main bend was put in. What absorbed most of the garage time today was carrying out small tweaks then refitting to check alignment. I've managed to get the passenger side done and fixed onto the chassis using M6 countersunk screws into rivnuts.


After this I didn't fancy tackling the offside trim straight away so I remounted the exhaust with a view to seeing where I could route the lambda sensor wire and also where the silencer mounting bracket might be.

The first issue was the exhaust hole needed to be increased along the lower edge due to having raised the engine before christmas. The second issue is the cooling pipes I'd fitted to the top chassis rail now foul the exhaust pipes. I'll pick this up again tomorrow, right now I need a beer!


No comments:

Post a Comment