Tuesday 1 December 2009

Digital Speedo

The speedometer that I ordered from Digital Speedos arrived today. Its a Koso RX2n+ with a 10k rpm range. I want to power it up on a car battery so I can check that the fuel sender I bought previously works correctly with the speedo's fuel gauge. If all ok, the sender can be attached to the tank, the tank can then be fixed down to the chassis and the hose connected to the pump.


I've also purchased a dremel drill in order to cut holes in the fibreglass side panels for the front wishbones. The holes need to be wide enough to let the wishbones and polybushes to pass through and also tall enough to allow for any suspension movement whilst the car is moving. I first need to make some cardboard templates to check that the holes are in the correct position, then the template can be transferred to the panels which will then be cut. Only one chance to get it right! Once cut, I plan to store the panels away again so that they don't get scratched whilst the car is still in it's early build stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment