Sunday 22 August 2010

engine out again

The engine came out again today so I could get the sump off and look at the dipstick issue.

It turns out the hole I drilled in the top of the sump tray to allow the dipstick to pass through was in the right place and it was actually the pick up pipe that was wiping against the dipstick. The zetec pick up pipe runs along the centre line whereas the cvh pick up runs along the exhaust side. I did consider trying to modify the zetec pickup but given I needed to get the engine back the car this afternoon (no space to store engine seperately in the garage) I took the option of adjusting the bends in the cvh pick up to give more clearance.

The engine is now back in the car and I'll fill it with oil tomorrow once the sump sealant has had a chance to set. I'll also need to reconnect the clutch and throttle cables. Hopefully this is the last time the engine will need to come out (famous last words......)


No comments:

Post a Comment