Wednesday 14 July 2010

A bit more bodywork

Two notches have been cut into the scuttle on either side to clear the steering rack support bar.

Rivnut threaded inserts have been fixed onto the offside top chassis rail, underside still to do and then I can start the near side panel. Something that became apparent whilst working on the side panel is that I'd struggle to do the underside as there isn't enough space for my pistol drill so I've invested in an angle drill made by ryobi so I can use the same batteries as the pistol drill. I've started mounting the nosecone on hinges along the lower edge. The hinges are in the right position and I'll need to put a threaded insert on each top chassis rail to bolt the nose cone down from the inside.

Couple of images showing how the hinges are mounted from the underside:


and from the inside:

How the nosecone looks, scuttle and side panels clamped on for the moment

Once I'm happy with the nosecone position, I'll offer up the bonnet to finalise the position of the scuttle

No comments:

Post a Comment