Friday 15 June 2012

More on engine

Wednesday evening was spent chaufeurring Phil from ExtraEfi around the local roads with the laptop connected to the Megasquirt. After a good few hours driving at various speeds and loads with a few ECU tweaks along the way, the engine now sounds and revs miles better and the car now pulls like a train. I feel like a kid with a new toy again!

One minor annoyance is the rear suspension which, reading up on the subject on the LCB forums, is a fairly common occurrence on Indys and comes from the polybushes. I've raised the rear of the car this evening and have removed, cleaned up and lubed the bushes on one side of the car. I originally used copper slip for the crush tube/bush fittings but have now changed this for some Castrol red rubber grease. I should have the other side finished tomorrow.

I've been in contact with Darren from Pistonheads East Anglia to be kept up to date with regional meet ups and run outs. I've also added some of the Pistonheads livery to the Indy :)

Currently keeping an eye on the weather reports for Newark in anticipation for taking the drive over to the kit car show this sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment